The Fly (1986)


 

Comments

  1. Oh man.. I think I got halfway through this movie once before and it was too disturbing for me. But maybe I'll give it another go. I do love Jeff Goldblum! Anyone else see the SNL cold open where they parodied The Fly to poke fun at the VP debate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had seen this years ago and for some reason in my memory - all the sweaty sex scenes in this movie seemed more upsetting than any of the gore. lol. I also had remembered it being more of a B movie - but it really isn't - good acting, great effects, genuinely good sci-fi horror.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This movie is really all about how alcohol will ruin your science fair project. But I gotta say though, Jeff Goldblum looks pretty fly for a white guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both so effing beautiful. It is insane.
    I love this movie, I love Cronenberg. This movie always makes me cry. Especially when Grindle-Fly Points the gun at his own head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember being disturbed by the slimy-ness of this as a kid, yet oddly intrigued and possibly turned on by Jeff Goldblum. Agreed with Lynn, I always had this shelved in my brain as more of a B movie, but as I’m older I have a different outlook on its production for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment